Course: LunchDifficulty: Easy
Sweet Beet Salad
Add a bit of colour to those grey winter days with this sweet beet salad!
I usually like a bit of texture and lots of flavour with my salads, and this one hits the mark. The flavour and texture of the pine nuts, goats cheese, beetroot and sweet potato compliment each other perfectly, and the healthy fats and fibre will keep you full and satisfied for hours.
This makes a handy lunch or side salad to accompany a healthy protein-rich food like fish, chicken, lentils or tofu. The dressing is also super simple and adds a perfect finishing touch.
2 medium sweet potatoes
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp dried rosemary
4 tbsp pine nuts
30g goats cheese
2 pre-cooked beetroots
1 cup kale
1 cup spinach leaves
Juice from half a lemon
1 tbsp garlic infused olive oil
1 tbsp honey/maple syrup
0.5 tsp dijon mustard
- Pre-heat your oven to 180C.
- Peel your sweet potatoes and chop into equal size pieces. Add these to a non-stick baking tray and drizzle with 2 tbsp of olive oil and the tsp of paprika.
- Roast in the oven for 25 minutes, turning halfway.
- Whilst cooking, chop up your avocado, goats cheese, cucumber and beetroot and add to serving bowl along with your kale and spinach leaves.
- In the last 5 minutes of baking, add in the pine nuts to lightly toast.
- Once both are done, add a sprinkle of salt and pepper onto the sweet potato and then add into salad.
- Combine dressing ingredients together and drizzle over salad.
- Serve, and enjoy!